Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Monkees

This has nothing to do with silent film, but it is way to amazing/awesome/incredible for me not to share. I saw The Monkees in Detroit on Friday and in Columbus on Saturday. The shows were amazing!! The best thing about it...I got to sing part of a song with them, and I am posting the video someone shot. Someone I am not indebted to all my life!

The Monkees are my all time favorite band. The Monkees + Silent films = Jessica. They came into my life when I was younger and was first diagnosed with my heart condition and had my first pacemaker implanted. They were the light in the dark times of my life, as stupid as that sounds, its the truth. I love them so much and it finally hit me what I did when I got home because I was watching them on tv and broke down crying because it really occured to me that I sang with them. They acknowledged me, the 26 year old blonde, and let me sing a song with them. My favorite band :)

4 comments:

  1. Wel that must have made your day...Month...year! Good for you! My friends were big Monkees fans in the 1980's and my one other friend met Mickey Dolenz in an elevator. I am glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooove them :) It made my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How FREAKIN' kewl was that!! Shoot, that made MY day! They are coming here soon, I really need to see them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes you do! It was amazing!!

    ReplyDelete